Whether you are applying to study abroad or trying to qualify for the Canadian Immigration pathways, chances are you need to write the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at some point. IELTS is a test of English exam that lets people know you are proficient in English. The score ranges from 1.0 to 9.0
To register for this exam, you need to visit the IELTS website & you will see the available dates. The price of the exam changes from country to country. It cost over $300 cad as at the time this post was made.
In order to complete your registration process, you will be required to submit an identity card such as a national id or International Passport to write the exam.
How Do You Know What IELTS Test Type To Register For
There are 2 types of IELTS tests:
- General – this is for people who want to apply for permanent residency in Canada
- Academic – this is for people who want to apply to Canada as a student
IELTS Test format
The IELTS exam comprises of 4 parts
- Reading – You answer 40 questions in 60 minutes
- Listening – It is broken into 3 tasks with a duration of 15 minutes.
- Speaking – You answer 40 questions in 30 minutes (approximately)
- Writing – it is broken into 2 writing tasks with a duration of 60 minutes
5 Resources You Need To Study For IELTS
An alternative to IELTS is CELPIP, it is hard to know which is easier as people have varying opinions on this. However, both tests are designed to test your English language proficiency.
I wish you Goodluck with your IELTS exam!